Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting Honest with Myself -- MONEY

*
I guess there comes a time when you need to just suck it up, and admit your short comings to yourself.

I am aware of my imperfections, I just don't want to admit to them. I need to quite sugar coating everything to make myself feel better! I May be able to fool everyone around me, but it is time to say, I am a HOT MESS! 


I have always been good with my money and had a great credit score. I wanted a divorce so badly, and didn't want to argue about it, so I agreed to things I know I shouldn't have. So I struggle. I am a very private person, and not even my family knows my finances. I know where I am, and it doesn't look pretty. I am trying to handle the situation without anyone bailing me out, and it seems like a black hole.


1. I have just over $10,000 credit card debit -- not sure how this happened! I really had to best intentions of cleaning this up.

  • I was making extra payments. This could have worked if I was able to continue it, but it isn't always so easy.
  • I refinaced my home to take the extra money and pay of my credit cards--I ended up being suckered into a work-at-home scam, and that cost me alot of money.
  • I took a loan from my 401k--I paid of part of my card, I have no clue where the rest of this money went to.
  • I now have enrolled in a debit consolidator program for credit cards- I realized I couldn't do it myself. They take the money from my checking every month, and get you a lower intrest rate with the credit card companies.
  • I also have put the credit cards AWAY-- If I can't control myself, I can't carry them around with me!
2.  I have never been late on my mortgage payments until recently.
  • It is really BAD, I don't know how I am going to get ahead.
  • I have been in contact with the mortgage company, and they are trying to help me make arrangments, and get back on course. My income isn't low enough for government assistance.
  • This is so embarrassing!
3. I have a timeshare, and am currently trying to catch back up on those bills.


4. Oh, and I am so disorganized, I actually didn't realize my electric bill had came in--so my power was disconnected. Lucky for me, I actually had the money to have it reconnected the same day.

 This is making me insane! I am not sure I can do this, but I don't have a choice.

0 comments: