Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day-- My Favorite Sappy/Funny Movies

Well, I'm not a big fan of V-day. But I do love a good sappy movie or romantic comedy.
A few of my favs with Quotes:


How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days-
Andie: True or False: All's fair in love and war.
Ben: True.
Andie: Great answer.
Ben: Good question!
 
My Best Friends Girl-
Tank: How do I bump into her?
Craig: She's a high school English teacher.
Tank: I can't really hang around high school these days, unfortunately.

When Harry Met Sally-
Harry Burns: I love that you get cold when its 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when youre looking at me like Im nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And its not because Im lonely, and its not because its New Years Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

Lake House-
Kate: It was you. Why didn't you tell me?
Alex: You would've thought I was crazy or drunk. Or both.
 
He's Just not that into You-
Gigi: I may dissect each little thing and put myself out there so much but at least that means that I still care. Oh! You've think you won because women are expendable to you. You may not get hurt or make an ass of yourself that way but you don't fall in love that way either. You have not won. You're alone. I may do a lot of stupid shit but I'm still a lot closer to love than you are.


The Break-up-
Brooke: I just don't know how we got here. Our entire relationship, I have gone above and beyond for you, for us. I've cooked, I've picked your shit up off the floor, I've laid your clothes out for you like you're a four year old. I support you, I supported your work. If we ever had dinner or anything I did the plans, I take care of everything. And I just don't feel like you appreciate any of it. I don't feel you appreciate me. All I want is to know, is for you to show me that you care.

Gary: Why didn't you just say that to me"
Brooke: I tried. I've tried.
Gary: Never like that, you might have said some things that meant to imply that, but I'm not a mind reader...
Brooke: It wouldn't matter you are who you are. Just leave me alone ok? Right now, just shut my door.
Gary: Listen...
Brooke: Alright Gary just please, just leave the room. Gary just... I don't want to be near you right now, please just shut the door, please.

The Ugly Truth-
Abby Richter: I love how you think every man is as perverse as you are.
Mike Chadway: Oh, I don't think. I know.
 
P.S. I Love You-
Daniel Connelly: What do women want?
Holly Kennedy: [whispering] We have no idea what we want.
Daniel Connelly: I knew it!
 
Never Been Kissed-
Sam: Sorry I'm late. It took me forever to get here.

Josie Geller: I know what you mean.

Breakfast at Tiffany's-
Paul Varjak: I love you.

Holly Golightly: So what.
Paul Varjak: So what? So plenty! I love you, you belong to me!
Holly Golightly: [tearfully] No. People don't belong to people.
Paul Varjak: Of course they do!
Holly Golightly: I'll never let ANYBODY put me in a cage.
Paul Varjak: I don't want to put you in a cage, I want to love you!

Message in a Bottle-
Theresa Osborne: If some lives form a perfect circle, other take shape in ways we cannot predict or always understand. Loss has been part of my journey. But it has also shown me what is precious. So has love for which I can only be grateful.

Enjoy!

0 comments: